Pet Education, Assistance and Rescue
A community service in collaboration with all animal welfare groups, pet clubs,
shelters, animal control divisions, veterinarians, and other pet interests.
EDUCATION, ASSISTANCE, RESCUE
To support our mission, we
- Operate a Telephone Hotline:
For information and assistance with any animal related problem, dial (210) 822-6763.
- Counsel pet owners who are considering
relinquishing their pets to shelters, rescuers or animal controls.
- Coordinate a Rescue, Adoption & Education
Program for purebred and mixed breed animals (all-species) in Texas as an American Kennel Club State Federation.
- Educate adults and children in responsible pet care and bite prevention.
- Visit hospitals and nursing homes with our
"Paws for Service" dog/owner teams.
- Coordinate a Place Your Own Pet Program:
To assist pet owners who can no longer keep their pets.
- Administer a Pet Retention Program and a Pet
Recovery Program to keep pets from being euthanized at animal controls and shelters.
- Monitor legislation detrimental to pet ownership at all levels of government.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter and moderate an
announcement only low volume e-mail list to keep our membership informed.
Flow Chart Of the Pet Education, Assistance & Rescue Program
PEAR Program (PDF File)